cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] The environment abstraction, part II
Date Sat, 01 Apr 2006 07:30:51 GMT
Upayavira wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>>> I can't speak for Daniel, but my idea/suggestion was to forget about the
>>> different environments and let Cocoon always run in a servlet container.
>>> The CLI would then be kind of a http client which starts up jetty and
>>> then generates the site using http requests. This would simplify some
>>> things in Cocoon, the question is if this would make the life of Forrest
>>> too hard?
>> Thanks to you all for the followup. I don't have a
>> ready answer yet. Will make sure that the other
>> Forrest people are aware.
>
> In the end, it doesn't really matter that much, and will be up to
> whoever volunteers to implement the new CLI.

It depends a little bit on how we see things. My opinion :) is to remove
the environment
abstraction completly and simply use the servlet environment while
others might think that we should only base our environment abstraction
on the servlet api but allow to run Cocoon in a different environment
which provides *some* features of the servlet environment but not all.
The difference might be subtle, but its not the same.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/