cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: [RT] The environment abstraction, part II
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2006 19:34:58 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> I can't speak for Daniel, but my idea/suggestion was to forget about the
>> different environments and let Cocoon always run in a servlet container.
>> The CLI would then be kind of a http client which starts up jetty and
>> then generates the site using http requests. This would simplify some
>> things in Cocoon, the question is if this would make the life of Forrest
>> too hard?
>
> Thanks to you all for the followup. I don't have a
> ready answer yet. Will make sure that the other
> Forrest people are aware.

In the end, it doesn't really matter that much, and will be up to
whoever volunteers to implement the new CLI.

Having said that, I think it makes sense for the CLI to have its own,
minimal servlet container. It could just use Jetty, but it would be
better/faster if the container didn't serve over http, i.e. require an
http client too.

Regards, Upayavira