cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] The environment abstraction, part II
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 07:16:10 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

> Hi Daniel, sorry i cannot understand that last sentence.
> Would you please re-phrase it.
>
> We currently have the three ways:
>
> 'forrest run'
> Starts its packaged Jetty and uses Forrest/Cocoon as a webapp.
>
> 'forrest war'
> Builds a projectName.war ready for deployment in a full Jetty
> or Tomcat.
>
> 'forrest site'
> Calls the Cocoon CLI to generate a static set of docs.

I can't speak for Daniel, but my idea/suggestion was to forget about the
different environments and let Cocoon always run in a servlet container.
The CLI would then be kind of a http client which starts up jetty and
then generates the site using http requests. This would simplify some
things in Cocoon, the question is if this would make the life of Forrest
too hard?

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/