cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <>
Subject How is the cocoon object model set up?
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2006 15:04:06 GMT
I submitted bug COCOON-1816 because the cocoon object model was not set
up in a way that I expected.  It cost hours of lost productivity only to
find out I have to bounce my processing for a static page (with a couple
variable pieces) through a flowscript just to access cocoon.request.  To
me that is an example of something that can be fixed to improve the
perceived simplicity of the system.  It seems unreasonable to require
Flowscript first for a largely static page--nothing has to be set up, I
just need to get a bit of information from the request object.

I believe the cocoon object model is a great selling point--as long as
it is set up consistently and available to all sitemap components
without forcing one component to be executed before another.  Not all
problems require flowscript.

Is the COM strictly tied to the flowscript engine?  Is there any way we
can safely and simply extract that out?

View raw message