cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Deployment into a monolithic Cocoon web app
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2006 08:47:08 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Mar 2006, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>
>> Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 21:32:13 +0100
>> From: Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org>
>> To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: Deployment into a monolithic Cocoon web app
>>
>> Le 25 mars 06 à 15:37, Reinhard Poetz a écrit :
>>
>>> ...What do you have to do to run trunk?...
>>

>> Your instructions worked for me as well, but it took *ages*.
>>
>> IIUC it's because Maven was trying to download stuff, getting
>> timeouts, retrying etc, lines like
>>
>> [INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:
>> checking for updates from mortbay-repo
>

> This may be due to snapshot dependencies which Maven2 resolves
> periodically (depends on configuration).
>
>> sometimes stay on screen for several minutes without anything
>> apparently happening.
>

> It seems that it depends on day or person or connectivity or whatever.
> I've build trunk so many times with almost always successfully building
> in one go with none of the issues many have reported. I do really have
> no clue whether it is the connectivity on the Apache side or on the
> person side doing the build that causes those issues.
>
>> I'm (still) a Maven newbie so I might be doing something wrong, but it
>> looks like your deployer works, congratulations!
>

> The instructions works here, too.

Thanks for the verification.

I think the general problem is that you need to have downloaded the artifacts
once as Maven have to put them into the local artifacts repository. Indeed, this
can take very long if Maven is used for the first them. But then, it should work
fine in the future as further downloads are the exception and not the rule.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc