cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Questions on cleaning up trunk
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2006 06:23:39 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>
>>Here some more files that need to be moved:
>>
>># CREDITS.txt - Where do we need them? For the distribution?
>>                For now I'd put them into the trunk/commons directory
>>                Thinking more about this, I propose to configure
>>                the assembly plugin for commons so that we can
>>                build distribution packages from there.
>># DESKTOP.INI - remains where it is
>># INSTALL.txt - move to trunk/commons
>># KEYS        - move to trunk/commons
>># LICENSE.txt - move to trunk/commons
>># NOTICE.txt  - move to trunk/commons
>># README.blocksmode.txt - remove it (outdated)
>># README.m10n.txt - leave it where it is
>># README.osgi.txt - remove it (outdated)
>># README.txt - move to trunk/commons
>># TO-SYNC-FROM-BRANCH.txt - leave it
>># announcement.xml - move to trunk/commons
>

> According to http://www.apache.org/dev/apply-license.html
> the LICENSE.txt and NOTICE.txt must located at the top-level
> of the "distribution". What does that mean in our new setup?
>
> Any attributions required by third-party products are
> supposed to be in NOTICE.txt but we have them at the
> bottom of CREDITS.txt

My idea is that we create our distributions from trunk/commons as base directory.

What I forgot to mention in my last mail - there are two more things to do
before we can get out a release:

  - define what a Cocoon 2.3 release is
  - how to we deal with license stuff (we need to add all licenses of all
    libraries into the distribution)

BTW, the simplest possible distribution could be a POM only - the only problem
is slow M2 repo connections. WDOT?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc