cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CForms and Portlets - making form ids dynamic
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2006 09:39:17 GMT
Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:
> * Carsten Ziegeler:
>
>> We are using  cforms and the portal in  several projects without
>> the problems. We  are using the CachingURICoplet  and some other
>> components and can do things  like redirects etc. In the end the
>> developer of  the forms does not  have to know about  the portal
>> environment - the only thing is this id.
>
> If you are not using continuations  or you are only using one form
> in the page, of course there is no problem.

We are using continuations.

> When issuing  a redirect, it  works, you're right, but  there's an
> error in the logs.
>
> And yes, the  developer needs to know about the  portal because of
> <form action="portal">.  You  would never do that  in a standalone
> app.

No, you don't have to do that. The portal rewrites all urls of the form
application like it does with the google sample. You can use the same
technique for cocoon based apps as well. For example the calculator
example in the demo portal is included in that way as well.
So, the cforms can use whatever he wants and does not have to care about
the portal environment; with AJAX the picture might change, I haven't
looked into that but will in the next weeks.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/