cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nils Kaiser <NilsKai...@gmx.de>
Subject [OFF-TOPIC] Streaming Xpath processing
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2006 09:33:56 GMT
Hello,

I am currently searching for a solution for evaluating some basic xpath
expressions on a SAX stream. I found it very interesting that this
subjects gets more and more attention: you can find a lot of university
papers about it. But finding some running implementation is very difficult.

I had a look at STX / Joost [1] and XSQ [2]: those projects look
promising, but they don't offer a direct solution to my problem. What I
exactly need is a SAX content handler that can evaluate a list of basic
expressions to boolean (condition) and string (extraction).

Whereas the code of the XSQ project is very confusing... Joost seems
more clean and mature. So maybe I'll find the time to adapt Joost to
perform the explained requirements. Currently the stack-building code
for evaluating XPathes is tightly bound to STX template processing...

Before I invest time in this, however, I wanted to check if I overlooked
something and mabye someone has a running implementation or can point me
to another similar project?

I think these areas can be a nice playground for the future of pipeline
processing in Cocoon... (content-aware pipelines)

Greets,

Nils Kaiser

[1] http://stx.sourceforge.net/ and http://joost.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://www.cs.umd.edu/projects/xsq/