cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Set min JVM to 1.4 after 2.1.9?
Date Sat, 25 Mar 2006 20:22:43 GMT
Andrew Stevens wrote:
>> From: Ralph Goers <Ralph.Goers@dslextreme.com>
>> Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 14:22:18 -0800
>>
>> Even if trunk isn't released for months, I'd prefer that 2.1.9 become 2.2
>> before switching to JDK 1.4.   In other words, I'm not in favor of 2.1.x
>> ever being upgraded to JDK 1.4.  However, I'm ok with creating a 2.2.x
>> branch that contains 2.1.9 and making the minimum JDK 1.4.  But if trunk
>> can be released by the end of May then I would prefer that.
>
> Speaking as just a user (so feel free to ignore me),
I hope this list does not create the impression that we ignore users; a
project without users is pretty useless.

> it seems to me that
> that dropping JDK 1.3 (and/or servlet 2.2) support would warrant rolling the
> version number to 2.2.x; continue to support it on the 2.1.x branch, even if
> that means 2.1.9 is the last release in that series.

Yes, you're right. We already switched to JDK 1.4 and servlet 2.3 for
trunk, so only the release of trunk is what is left.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/