cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ForrestBot build for cocoon-docs FAILED
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 19:33:00 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:

>>Perhaps there is a time out occuring. Is there a way of increasing the
>>timeout on files being generated from http: sources? Not a solution, but
>>it would be a workaround.
>

> I don't know if it proves anything, but just completed
> a local build and it worked. This is horrendously slow
> for some reason (takes 25 seconds per page).

Well it proves there is nothing wrong with the conversion process, there
is something wrong with the interaction between forrest and the daisy
publisher, but only when running on the zones.

With respect to the speed, I have noticed one of my own sites, building
using a different instance of Daisy is also very slow. I'm thinking that
the caching of the site.xml file (which is generated from the
daisy.site.* urls) may be failing for some reason (this is done in the
sitemap). I'll investiagate as soon as I can.

What I find interesting about the failures is that they all come towards
the end of the build, and at inconsitent times. I've seen something
similar when I have been doing a manual forrestbot build and the cron
job for updating the forrest installation has fired up in the middle of
the build.

I wonder if the two cron jobs are overlapping - this is especially
likely if the build on the zones is as slow as you are experiencing locally.

Ross