cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <>
Subject Re: [Vote] Release plan for 2.1.9
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 17:54:10 GMT
Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:
> * Carsten Ziegeler:
>>Although we  already agreed  informaly on  the release  plan, we
>>should do a formal vote.
> +0 I don't see the point of voting for such an obvious decision.
> Is there a  rule requiring new releases to be  first approved by a
> vote?  I  mean new  releases should be  automatic.  IMHO  it's not
> very useful to cast any vote for a maintenance release in a stable
> branch.

The PMC has to vote about the actual software artifact but there is no rule that
we have to vote that we will do a release. After the many attempts to do a 2.1.9
release in the past, I think that Carsten wanted to be sure that this time
everybody is on board.

Telefonate ohne weitere Kosten vom PC zum PC:

View raw message