cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Deployment into a monolithic Cocoon web app
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 15:48:58 GMT
Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:
> * Reinhard Poetz:

>>>I will extend the deployer over the weekend. It probably won't
>>>do all the things that we need, but as the interest in getting
>>>it done is high ATM, I hope that sombody else picks up my work
>>>and continues next week.
>>
>>I worked on  the deployer for monolithic  Cocoon apps. I haven't
>>finished it yet  but most of the work has  already been done. If
>>somebody has some  time over the next few  days, don't hesistate
>>to jump in. Here some pointers to get started:
>

> Do you  mean deploying  Cocoon built with  Maven without  the real
> blocks?

No

> If this  is the case, how  to test it, is  there an « mvn
> something » in some directory?
>
> Or are you talking  about cocoon-deployer-webapp-sample?  This one
> seems to be dealing with real blocks.
>
> Thanks in advance for your answer,

The idea is that at packaging time, a M2 plugin scans an artifact (jar) whether
it is a Cocoon blocks if it is, some files (xconf, xlog, etc.) are extracted
into the right directory. e.g. all .xconf files go to WEB-INF/xconf.

The unit-tests are already working but I need some more time to provide a sample
based on cocoon-webapp. This will make it hopefully clearer.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc