cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Gallardo <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: Cleanup trunk directory structure
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 15:46:40 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>
>> Reinhard Pötz wrote:
>>

>>> As we are at it to mavenize the missing blocks, we should also
>>> cleanup trunk which is quite a mess. I propose following structure
>>>
>>> cocoon/trunk
>>>  +- blocks
>>>  |    +- cocoon-apples
>>>  |    +- ...
>>>  +- core
>>>  |    +- cocoon-core <-- will finally go completly into blocks but
>>> that needs
>>>  |                       more refactoring
>>>  |    +- cocoon-blocks-fw
>>>  +- tools
>>>  |    +- archetypes
>>>  |    +- cocoon-deployer
>>>  |    +- daisy-plugin
>>>  |    +- sitemap-tags-2daisy
>>>  +- site
>>>  +- common (legal stuff, awards, graphics, ...)
>>>
>>> WDOT?
>>>
>> +1.
>>
>> Question: Why "cocoon-apples"? Should not be easy to use just "apples"?
>

> This question was raised a couple of weeks ago and Jorg answered it,
> but I can't find a pointer.
>
> IIRC there are some reasons for it:
>
>  - naming of the artifact --> cocoon-apples-1.0.jar instead of
> apples-1.0.jar
>  - it is recommended by the M2 folks
>  - ... there was more, but can't remember, Jorg can you?

I know, but IIRC Giacomo told the directory name is not important for
jar generation since there is a directive in pom.xml to change the jar
name. Looking at the current trunk the "cocoon-" prefix create a lot of
"noise". And this is why I am asking again if this is the best way we
can go. ;-)

WDYT?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.