cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cleanup trunk directory structure
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 15:42:41 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Reinhard Pötz wrote:
>

>> As we are at it to mavenize the missing blocks, we should also cleanup
>> trunk which is quite a mess. I propose following structure
>>
>> cocoon/trunk
>>  +- blocks
>>  |    +- cocoon-apples
>>  |    +- ...
>>  +- core
>>  |    +- cocoon-core <-- will finally go completly into blocks but
>> that needs
>>  |                       more refactoring
>>  |    +- cocoon-blocks-fw
>>  +- tools
>>  |    +- archetypes
>>  |    +- cocoon-deployer
>>  |    +- daisy-plugin
>>  |    +- sitemap-tags-2daisy
>>  +- site
>>  +- common (legal stuff, awards, graphics, ...)
>>
>> WDOT?
>>
> +1.
>
> Question: Why "cocoon-apples"? Should not be easy to use just "apples"?

This question was raised a couple of weeks ago and Jorg answered it, but I can't
find a pointer.

IIRC there are some reasons for it:

  - naming of the artifact --> cocoon-apples-1.0.jar instead of apples-1.0.jar
  - it is recommended by the M2 folks
  - ... there was more, but can't remember, Jorg can you?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc