cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Deployment into a monolithic Cocoon web app
Date Sun, 19 Mar 2006 17:44:13 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

>> I want to add some thoughts to Daniel's idea of writing some Ant
>> script for the build: trunk has been mavenized and split up into many
>> modules. The missing thing is some tool that will create a web
>> application out of a number of blocks. In a "world of real blocks"
>> that's the job of the deployer that I wrote.
>

> I will extend the deployer over the weekend. It probably won't do all
> the things that we need, but as the interest in getting it done is high
> ATM, I hope that sombody else picks up my work and continues next week.

I worked on the deployer for monolithic Cocoon apps. I haven't finished it yet
but most of the work has already been done. If somebody has some time over the
next few days, don't hesistate to jump in. Here some pointers to get started:

As starting point look at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/cocoon-block-deployer/cocoon-deployer-core/src/test/java/org/apache/cocoon/deployer/applicationserver/MonoliticServerTest.java

which contains extraction rules for JARs. It would be fine, if somebody, who
knows the exact target structure, can extend this test case.

At least a description which files from META-INF/legacy/** are expected under
WEB-INF would be very helpful.

We also need a decision where we put the files that are located under /COB-INF.
I would propose [webapp-root]/block-apps/[block-name]. Comments?

If somebody has time to finish it (I can't promise that I have enough time to do
it myself till next weekend) or continue my work, please let me know so that we
don't duplicate our work .

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc