cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Hochsteger <e9625...@student.tuwien.ac.at>
Subject Re: Script for m10n of blocks (was Re: [RT] a simple release plan)
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2006 17:34:24 GMT
Reinhard Poetz schrieb:
> Andreas Hochsteger wrote:
>
>> After analyzing the old blocks in more details I found the following
>> common directories.
>> It would be great, if you (or someone else involved in developing the
>> new blocks) can finish the mapping below ...
>
> ok, forget my last response. I'll change it in some points:
>
>> WEB-INF/sitemap-additions -> ? (contains sitemap snippets in *.xconf
>> files)
>
>  cocoon-<block>-impl/src/main/resources/META-INF/legacy/sitemap-additions
>
>> WEB-INF/xconf -> cocoon-<block>-impl/src/main/resources/META-INF/xconf?
>
>  cocoon-<block>-impl/src/main/resources/META-INF/legacy/xconf
>
>> conf -> ? (contains *.xweb, *.properties and other files)
>
>  cocoon-<block>-impl/src/main/resources/META-INF/legacy/conf
>
>> java -> cocoon-<block>-impl/src/main/java
>
> ok
>
>> samples -> cocoon-<block>-sample/src/main/resources/COB-INF
>
> ok
>
>> test -> cocoon-<block>-impl/src/test/java
>
> ok
>
> The idea is to collect all old configuration files within one directory.
> I called it legacy - if somebody has a better name, it would be the
> right time now to let us know ;-)

Thanks, Reinhard, this really helped me very much!

Attached is a new version which uses the mappings from above.
The SVN-Commands are already added but commented-out and replaced with
copy commands to be easier to test.

One question popped up during testing:
Is it really required to move the directories?
Isn't it better to do a 'svn cp' (which is a cheap copy anyway) and keep
the old blocks at their old location?
This way it would be better to test and experiment since moving may
disrupt both the cocoon-trunk and blocks repository (which is also used
by 2.1 if I'm not mistaken).

It would be great, if somebody could try the script and give me some
more feedback.
Only 2 variables have to be adjusted:
* blksrc: Local directory where
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/blocks is checked out
* blkdest: Local directory where
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk is checked out

Usage: ./m10n-blocks.sh <blockname>...
Example: ./m10n-blocks.sh asciiart faces

The script is written using standard Unix Shell and is tested on WinXP
using Cygwin.

Thanks,
Andreas