cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: [RT] a simple release plan
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2006 11:00:17 GMT
Andreas Hochsteger wrote:

> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>> Ralph Goers skrev:

>>> The easy way to tell I suppose is to check out trunk. There are a
>>> bunch of cocoon-whatever directories. Compare that list with what is
>>> in src/blocks in 2.1.  I believe the instructions are in
>>> README.m10n.txt.
>>
>> Actually all the trunk blocks
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/blocks/ was Mavenized once.
>> Then two things happened:
>>
>> 1) We decided to change to change directory structure to something
>> that followed the Maven standard, and that had some other advantages:
>> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/g1/756.html. All
>> blocks with the new structure are moved to the trunk.
>>
>> 2) We changed group id from apache-cocoon to org.apache.cocoon (in
>> trunk). As the later is the recomended structure for M2.
>>
>> Most of the blocks in http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/blocks/
>> would probably build again just by fixing the group id.
>>
>> It would of course be nice to switch all to the new directory
>> structure, but that can be done one block at the time when someone
>> feel the itch.
>>

> Is there something that persons without SVN access can help with?
> The instructions for the m10n of Cocoon Blocks require SVN access for
> moving directories and files.
>
> Nevertheless I'd be glad to help by providing patches via Jira, if
> somebody could tell me what might be doable for me.
>
> I already was able to build the trunk with Maven and run the Welcome
> page - but without samples so far.

The subversion part is the easiest bit. Working out exactly how to make
it work is very useful and doesn't require SVN commit rights. Although,
if you do move directories, try using svn move, as it will likely make
for better svn patch or svn diff output at the end of the process.

Personally, I would say go for it. Anything anyone can do would be
great, and is much needed right now.

Regards, Upayavira