cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Savory <and...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: [RT] a simple release plan
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2006 16:24:16 GMT
Hi,

Ralph Goers wrote:

> 1. I'm pretty sure all the blocks have not been mavenized.

Is there a list of blocks to mavenise anywhere, with instructions of how
to do it? I don't mind helping with this.

> (I could be
> wrong, but I don't seem to be able to check out trunk as there is an
> external that uses http which won't go through my employer's firewall).

Do you mean https? If so that probably needs fixing ...

If you do mean http is blocked, there's probably not much we can do
about that ;-)

> 2. The maven build seems to have serious problems with some of the
> repositories (I believe primarily those at apache).

Is there any way we can set up a Cocoon mirror for the time being, until
the repository problems are resolved? I'm sure several of us here can
set up a repo, and it could be the default used by Cocoon.

(I assume the Maven folk know about the repo troubles and are working on
it?)

> Innovation is great. However, if it is never released it is completely
> wasted.  We keep saying "release often" but then keep putting up
> roadblocks to make that impossible.

Just out of interest, how many others have actually downloaded and
_tried_ the new mavenised 2.2? I know I only updated and tried it last
weekend, after the thread with instructions on how to do so.

Thanks,

Andrew.
Tel: +44 (0)870 741 6658  Fax: +44 (0)700 598 1135
Web: http://www.luminas.co.uk/
Orixo alliance: http://www.orixo.com/