cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <>
Subject Re: [RT] a simple release plan
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2006 09:50:36 GMT
Upayavira wrote:

> Carsten has offered a suggestion that _he_ is prepared to implement. I
> would like to hear other proposals from people of things that _they_ are
> prepared to implement. Only that way will we move beyond this impass.

There are many documents that explain the roadmap Daniel and I follow ATM. The
only thing we are asking for is that we all work on trunk. Everything else is
another internal fork (didn't we agree that this was a bad idea?) and we have to
make sure again that everything gets synced again and again. That's the reason
for the -1 on Carsten's proposal of Daniel and me.

So what's the overhead for people that want to work on trunk? They should make
sure that the testcases run through and they should run the samples before they
commit. Is this such a special requirement? Does somebody have to understand in
detail what the testcases cover?

If a testcase gets broken *locally* by a developer, the developer should discuss
the change on dev@cocoon and then people can decide together how to proceed.
That should be the standard procedure in every development project, may it be
opensource or commercial.

Can we agree on these very basic rules?

Telefonate ohne weitere Kosten vom PC zum PC:

View raw message