cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [RT] OSGi based blocks
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 22:39:24 GMT
Upayavira skrev:
> My own reflections on this is whether or not this is still Cocoon.
>
> It seems to me that you are creating a framework for managing web
> applications based upon servlets, OSGi and the URLConnections. This
> doesn't seem all that specific to Cocoon - it seems more general than
> that, and potentially more generally useful too.

I have had similar reflections. From a technical stand point it could be
developed in some other community as it doesn't depend on the rest of
Cocoon. But as it is based on years of community work from Cocoon, I
think it belongs to Cocoon.

Also I think we have some agreement that we should make more parts of
Cocoon reusable outside Cocoon and then the same will be the case for
them as well.

> Cocoon's contribution would be its SitemapServlet, and other such elements.
>
> So, my question: Is this still cocoon, or is it becoming something more
> general than that (e.g. that could become a Felix sub-project) - thus
> gaining a far wider adoption?

We should develop it to a point where it works for Cocoon first ;)

I'm very interested in suggestions about how we could cooperate with the
Felix community about this. As you suggest it could be interesting for
some of them and feedback from the OSGi community would be very valuable.

/Daniel