cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r386086 - /cocoon/trunk/cocoon-forms/cocoon-forms-impl/src/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/flow/javascript/Form.js
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 16:32:11 GMT
Jean-Baptiste Quenot schrieb:
> * Carsten Ziegeler:
>> Jean-Baptiste Quenot schrieb:
>>> * Carsten Ziegeler:

>>> I   have  already   introduced  a   function  for   forms  without
>>> continuation.   It's called  sendForm() and  it is  stated in  the
>>> ChangeLog.
>
>> Yes, but that's only one half of the work: sending the form - when the
>> next request comes in, the processing of the form has to be started for
>> validating etc. And that's what I added.
>
> Indeed, that's interesting.  Do you have an example?
Yes, but I can't share it atm :)

But basically, I have a page using forms and buttons, but also a lot of
links for different functions. These links are not generated through
forms but by hand. So I get into trouble if I'm using continuations as
the links are not connected to the continuation stuff.
Clicking a link triggers a function in java script, while hitting a
submit button triggers also a function in java script which then
processes the form. So the form works like it would with continuations.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/