cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject [RT] a simple release plan
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 16:00:25 GMT
Ok, here is a simple plan to continue.

Please note, that the current trunk has several new things: a new core
which can be seen as a follow-up to 2.1.x, the blocks stuff and the
maven build. We can use trunk as a direct follow-up to 2.1.x without blocks!

As Bertrand suggested we should start with a "fresh" version number:
2.3. So the plan looks like this:

1. Release 2.1.9 by the end of march as discussed recently
   This includes freezing 2.1.x and really just doing important bug
   fixes there.
2. Copy trunk to a new place to continue the blocks development
3. Remove blocks stuff from trunk and use it as a base for 2.3
   This includes: using the directory layout from 2.1.x and using
   the ant build sytem from 2.1.x
4. Sync 2.1.9 and 2.3: there are only a few things which still need to
   be synced.
5. Release 2.3m1

At the same time the blocks stuff can continue and we are not blocking
any development.

WDYT?

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de