cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] OSGi based blocks
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 15:23:26 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> How about backporting the Spring-based container and the new
> configuration features to 2.1.x, and make that Cocoon 2.3, without
> touching the current trunk?
>
> The current 2.2 would then stay as is, people could work on it until
> it stabilizes, and when it's time to release it we can always call it
> 3.0 or whatever to avoid confusion.
>
> And that 2.3 release would be a big improvement already, especially
> using Spring as its container.

Sounds like a good idea; so we finish 2.1.9, freeze the development
completly there except for really important bug fixes, use 2.1.9 as the
start for 2.3 and port the spring based container over there. That
should be fairly easy. In fact we would make the current 2.2 core the
new core for 2.3. This should only take a short time and we can then
quickly release 2.3M1 - the only drawback I see is the build system
which would in that case be of course still Ant.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/