cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] OSGi based blocks
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 13:48:24 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> A *very* important point IMO for the acceptance of all this by
> developers is to be able do deploy a directory. This to have fast
> roundtrips, without having to go through the compile/package/deploy cycle.

Felix has recently added the possiblity to add bundles which are unpacked. I
guess that Equinox already supports this. In order to get a redeployment we have
several options:

  a) use an OSGi console and enter some commands
  b) we can have some kind of watchdog that does the start/stop of bundles
  c) maybe we can even plugin the ReloadingClassloader

I think option a) is not what you/we expect. Option b) should already feel like
our ReloadingClassloader. Option c) could be more difficult as we would need
some way to add the ReloadingClassloader into the OSGi classpath hierarchy.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc