cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] OSGi based blocks
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 13:38:19 GMT
Upayavira wrote:
> My own reflections on this is whether or not this is still Cocoon.
>
> It seems to me that you are creating a framework for managing web
> applications based upon servlets, OSGi and the URLConnections. This
> doesn't seem all that specific to Cocoon - it seems more general than
> that, and potentially more generally useful too.
>
> Cocoon's contribution would be its SitemapServlet, and other such elements.
>
> So, my question: Is this still cocoon, or is it becoming something more
> general than that (e.g. that could become a Felix sub-project) - thus
> gaining a far wider adoption?

That's maybe right but don't let us do the mistake of externalizing things ATM.
We should develop it under our project for now and when we know more about all
the consequences we can still move it to another community or start to build a
new one so that other projects that don't need this Cocoon-thing can reuse it ;-)

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc