cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release 2.1.9 (again) [Dojo]
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2006 10:32:32 GMT
hepabolu wrote:
> Sylvain Wallez said the following on 13-03-2006 10:47:
>> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>>> Anyways, given my current time constraints I can do the release not any
>>> sooner than the 31st of March - so, seeing this as a positive fact, we
>>> have a little more time to test everything :). I would call for a code
>>> freeze on the 24th of March then.
>>>

>> +1. Dojo code is committed, and I'd like people to try the new forms
>> samples.
>
> Great! Thanks!
>
> Haven't looked thoroughly at the code yet, but I'm wondering two things:
>
> 1. several special attributes (ajax=true and some Dojo required
> attributes) make it impossible to produce valid XHTML pages. A quick
> reading in some Dojo files showed that most dojo attributes can be
> replaced with classnames or identifiers, making valid XHTML pages
> still possible. Have you used any of those? Or are there other ways to
> produce valid XHTML pages that can already be incorporated in the
> current code?

The ajax="true" attribute is used server-side by Cocoon and can be
filtered out by the stylesheets.

The dojoType attribute triggers the Dojo widget system. It can be
written in 3 different ways depending on the context/requirements:
- dojoType attribute (e.g. dojoType="CFormsRepeater") -- works everywhere
- namespaced dojo:type attribute (e.g. dojo:type="CFormsRepeater") --
works on namespace-aware browsers
- CSS class (e.g. class="dojo-CFormsRepeater")

I used the dojoType attribute variant, now we may decide to use another one.

However, some widgets _require_ foreign attributes to be present. These
are the widget-specific properties.

> 2. Dojo contains a (rich text) editor, much along the lines of
> htmlarea. Have you compared the two and would it be possible to
> replace htmlarea with the Dojo version or are there features we would
> miss? In the latter case: if we stick with htmlarea, is it worthwhile
> to update to Xinha since that is a more active project around htmlarea?

I haven't investigated in this area...

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez