cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From hepabolu <hepab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release 2.1.9 (again) [Dojo]
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2006 10:04:51 GMT
Sylvain Wallez said the following on 13-03-2006 10:47:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> Anyways, given my current time constraints I can do the release not any
>> sooner than the 31st of March - so, seeing this as a positive fact, we
>> have a little more time to test everything :). I would call for a code
>> freeze on the 24th of March then.
>>

> +1. Dojo code is committed, and I'd like people to try the new forms
> samples.

Great! Thanks!

Haven't looked thoroughly at the code yet, but I'm wondering two things:

1. several special attributes (ajax=true and some Dojo required
attributes) make it impossible to produce valid XHTML pages. A quick
reading in some Dojo files showed that most dojo attributes can be
replaced with classnames or identifiers, making valid XHTML pages still
possible. Have you used any of those? Or are there other ways to produce
valid XHTML pages that can already be incorporated in the current code?

2. Dojo contains a (rich text) editor, much along the lines of htmlarea.
Have you compared the two and would it be possible to replace htmlarea
with the Dojo version or are there features we would miss? In the latter
case: if we stick with htmlarea, is it worthwhile to update to Xinha
since that is a more active project around htmlarea?

Once again thanks for the work.

Bye, Helma