cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Johnston <coc...@lojjic.net>
Subject Re: Sharing the template block between 2.1 and 2.2 (was Re: Release 2.1.9 (again))
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2006 15:03:06 GMT
Bruno Dumon wrote:
>                                     - o -
>
> To  summarize: if we want to have a shared codebase for the template
> block, things that need to handled:
>
>  - introduce interface for StringTemplateFactory and ExpressionFactory
>     ==> this is something I can do
>
>  - don't make use of new rhino API features: I need someone else to look
> into this
>
>  - Move template_instructions.xml between the java sources instead of
> the resources: I could do this, if nobody objects or knows a better way
>
>  - TemplateObjectModelHelper: could duplicate it into 2.1 core
>
> Opinions? Objections? Help?

Great work Bruno, thanks for doing that.  I got only as far as the first
step or two. ;-)

A question: it appears that both the 2.1.x core and the template block
contain the classes o.a.c.generation.JXTemplateGenerator and
o.a.c.transformation.JXTemplateTransformer.  In 2.1.x they're the old JX
we know and love, and in the template block they point to the new JX.

So when using those old classes in 2.1.x with the template block
included, which version of JX gets used?