cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Use Maven 2 for the generation of the Cocoon documentation
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2006 09:24:08 GMT
Bruno Dumon wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 18:39 +0100, Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>
>>hepabolu wrote:
>>

>>>Finally, adding the proposed plugin can always be added later without
>>>loosing the effort of the current setup.
>>
>>ok, that's right. Anyway, I can't do it myself now but if somebody is
>>interested, I can help. Maybe some of the Daisy gurus here can comment on the
>>idea itself?
>>

> It shouldn't be too hard. If it is just for publishing, you don't even
> need the Daisy client libraries, being able to do a HTTP request is
> enough.

Actually, I should correct my previous statement the Forrest plugin uses
the http API not the Java client API. No need for the Java API at this
stage.

> I'm not sure what the difficulties are that Ross refers too in
> reusing the navigation documents. A basic plugin can probably be created
> in a day (by an experienced Java/XSLT person).

Actually, my comment was misleading, sorry.

The "difficulties" are not with Daisy itself, rather with the fact that
we need(e) to maintain the existing directory structures of the
documents and the Daisy nav system didn't work in the same way as the
old nav system.

With the 2.2 docs there is no legacy structure to maintain so it will be
much easier.

Ross