cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Use Maven 2 for the generation of the Cocoon documentation
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 19:11:53 GMT
hepabolu schrieb:
> Carsten Ziegeler said the following on 06-03-2006 17:49:
>> I'm more than +1 for getting the reports Maven provides for us on our
>> website. I'm not
>> sure if we need a plugin for the daisy docs or if just linking from the
>> maven generated site is enough. Whatever works best.
>
> Let's do this one step at a time and do Carsten's proposal first. I've
> been experimenting with exactly this just after the Cocoon Gettogether,
> but my Maven knowledge is not that good that I could get Maven to
> produce the reports.
>
> Linking to the "official" docs pulled from Daisy also allows more
> flexibility in separate updates (I suppose the maven part is more
> volatile than the docs) and in allowing a complete overhaul of either
> parts without affecting the other.
>
> Besides, the maven part serves a different purpose than the official
> docs (quick lookup vs more detailed study). So they might have a
> different layout/look & feel.
>
> Finally, adding the proposed plugin can always be added later without
> loosing the effort of the current setup.
>
> So +1 for Carsten's proposal.

Hmm, actually, I didn't meant my comments to be a proposal :) But i have
no problem seeing it this way :)
I have no idea about the effort required to get a daisy maven plugin
running. But I agree totally with Reinhard, that the docs for a block
belong to the block (= unit).

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/