cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From hepabolu <hepab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Use Maven 2 for the generation of the Cocoon documentation
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 17:12:26 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler said the following on 06-03-2006 17:49:
> I'm more than +1 for getting the reports Maven provides for us on our
> website. I'm not
> sure if we need a plugin for the daisy docs or if just linking from the
> maven generated site is enough. Whatever works best.

Let's do this one step at a time and do Carsten's proposal first. I've
been experimenting with exactly this just after the Cocoon Gettogether,
but my Maven knowledge is not that good that I could get Maven to
produce the reports.

Linking to the "official" docs pulled from Daisy also allows more
flexibility in separate updates (I suppose the maven part is more
volatile than the docs) and in allowing a complete overhaul of either
parts without affecting the other.

Besides, the maven part serves a different purpose than the official
docs (quick lookup vs more detailed study). So they might have a
different layout/look & feel.

Finally, adding the proposed plugin can always be added later without
loosing the effort of the current setup.

So +1 for Carsten's proposal.

Bye, Helma