cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Use Maven 2 for the generation of the Cocoon documentation
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 16:04:55 GMT

As written in my mail "Status of block development"
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=114165989221631&w=2) I propose
a change in the Cocoon documentation creation:

We have put a lot of work into the Mavenization of the Cocoon build system. As
you might know, Maven provides a site generation goal "site:site". This makes is
very simple to integrate a lot of reports (javadocs, jdepend, cobertura, svn
activities, ...) and uses information available in pom.xml to produce docs.

IMO the only missing part is the integration of our docs that are managed by
Daisy. My idea is:

  - write a Maven plugin that can access Daisy
  - it is configured by the doc-id of a navigation documentent which is the
    root of the block documentation
  - the plugin uses the Daisy client API to access this navigation doc
    and generates docs out of it by crawling all references docs and resources.
    The result of this process is added to the generated site.

First, does this proposal make sense from a technical point of view?
Is anybody interested in working on this? I can help with the Maven part of
starting a Maven plugin project a bit.

[I've cc'ed the Daisy mailing list as there might be people who are interested
in  such a plugin too and may consider helping out on writing it.]

WDYT?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc