cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Support for per sitemap classloading?
Date Sun, 05 Mar 2006 11:29:04 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>> One remaining question: currently we have several places where the
>> thread context classloader is used (for example to create new
>> instances). I guess that with the blocks-fw in place that the thread
>> context class loader is not the correct one.
>
> why do you think so? (just curious, I haven't had the idea yet that this could
> be a problem)

Blocks provide isolated class loading, so every block has it's own class
loader. Now, unless you want to change the thread context class loader
on each method invokation between blocks (like we currently do for the
environment stack with internal pipeline calls), then the thread context
class loader is rarely the class loader for the "current" block.
We currently use the thread context class loader to get "cocoon's
classloader" which might be different (in 2.1.x) to the webapp class loader.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/