cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Docs] FAQ Document Type
Date Sat, 04 Mar 2006 19:04:37 GMT
Bruno Dumon wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 14:01 +0000, Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>A couple of weeks ago I promised to set up a FAQ system in Daisy. I've
>>now done this.
>>
>>Creating a FAQ
>>==============
>>
>>There is a "FAQ" document Type. This is a simple document in which the
>>document title should be the question and the content should be the answer.
>>
>>To illustrate things I have copied the "installation faqs" from
>>http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/faq/faq-install.html into individual FAQ
>>documents, for example:
>>
>>http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/799.html?branch=1&language=1
>>http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/806.html?branch=1&language=1
>>

> <snip the details/>
>
>>----
>>
>>So, if people like this, we should migrate all FAQs from the legacy docs
>>into this format, as well as including relevant ones from the Wiki.
>>
>>Ross
>

> Thanks for setting this up. I have some reservations though about
> copying the FAQs from the legacy docs. I haven't read them all but a lot
> of them have become either incorrect or irrelevant. One of the reasons
> for the "new documentation" is that we can leave behind the outdated
> information.

Yes, that makes sense, I'm a little behind with Cocoon, so do not have
the knowledge to decide what goes in and what stays out.

> I'd also like to change the
> query in the navigation to a query in a document: having the long
> questions in the navigation doesn't make sense I think.

+1

I only really threw these in as examples. Later I realised I had not
done an example of creating a complete FAQ document (i.e. with questions
& answers) only of indexes (bth navigation and in document).

None daisy users should be aware that the query system in Daisy is
superb and very flexible. If folk want something better than is
currently in place then just ask how (or do it).

> Similar to the FAQ doctype, I'd also like to set up a "GlosarryItem"
> doctype which can be used to provide short explanations of
> Cocoon-specific terms (such as sitemap, subsitemap, FOM, flowscript,
> blocks, real blocks, ...).

+1

Ross