cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [2.2] Support for per sitemap classloading?
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 23:13:31 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler skrev:
> Some time ago the support for per sitemap classloaders has been added to
> 2.2; this feature is currently disabled (for making the implementation
> for blocks easier I guess).
>
> Now the question is, do we want to support this or is this obsolete when
> we have the blocks implementation soon? In this case we can simply
> remove the classpath handling code, I guess.

In the absence of blocks we have developed subsitemaps to handle
application modularization. With blocks we have a better concept for
modularization, and it is IMO better to focus the role of sitemaps by
removing classloading and maybe even deprecating the configuration of
components in sitemaps.

/Daniel