cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Support for per sitemap classloading?
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 17:35:18 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> Some time ago the support for per sitemap classloaders has been added to
>> 2.2; this feature is currently disabled (for making the implementation
>> for blocks easier I guess).
>>
>> Now the question is, do we want to support this or is this obsolete when
>> we have the blocks implementation soon? In this case we can simply
>> remove the classpath handling code, I guess.
>
> yes, you can remove it.
Great :)

One remaining question: currently we have several places where the
thread context classloader is used (for example to create new
instances). I guess that with the blocks-fw in place that the thread
context class loader is not the correct one.
Is there anything I can do today to prepare the correct behaviour? Like
getting the class loader from the spring bean factory?

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/