cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Support for per sitemap classloading?
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 15:45:05 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:

> On 04.03.2006, at 01:54, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>> Some time ago the support for per sitemap classloaders has been  added to
>> 2.2; this feature is currently disabled (for making the implementation
>> for blocks easier I guess).
>

> I guess it is just disabled by default because it is a new feature
>
>> Now the question is, do we want to support this or is this obsolete  when
>> we have the blocks implementation soon? In this case we can simply
>> remove the classpath handling code, I guess.
>

> That's how the class auto-compiling & reloading works in trunk
> ...does/will the block framework support that then?

Yes, that's the plan. Adding it to
org.apache.cocoon.blocks.servlet.BlocksManager (module:
cocoon-blocks-fw-servlet-impl) shouldn't be too difficult, especially for you ;-)

But as said in my other response to Carsten's mail, adding it to the OSGi
framework (Equinox and/or Felix) will be more difficult. If you have some time,
it would be really great if you could have a look at it. IMO the
ReloadingClassloader is one of the most important features that we should add
(developing [web]apps without it, isn't fun anymore for me).

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc