cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Support for per sitemap classloading?
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 15:10:54 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Some time ago the support for per sitemap classloaders has been added to
> 2.2; this feature is currently disabled (for making the implementation
> for blocks easier I guess).
>
> Now the question is, do we want to support this or is this obsolete when
> we have the blocks implementation soon? In this case we can simply
> remove the classpath handling code, I guess.

yes, you can remove it. Classloading will become a concern of the blocks-fw;
though I have no idea how to add the ReloadingClassloader to the OSGi-based
blocks-fw as this will probably mean extending the functionality of the OSGi
framework that we use. Maybe somebody can pick up this task and find out how
this can be done.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc