cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Voting on releases? (was: [Vote] Release plan for 2.1.9)
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 18:51:51 GMT
Le 21 mars 06 à 18:42, Jean-Baptiste Quenot a écrit :

> ...Is there a  rule requiring new releases to be  first approved by a
> vote?...

Maybe not, but we've been doing it this way for about 25 years and it
works ;-)

Seriously, making sure we agree on release plans (code freeze dates
etc.) is a Good Thing - I've seen several projects arguing or
disagreeing on releases, so it's certainly good to be a bit careful
and to make sure everyone is on the same page.

It doesn't cost much and there are at least  "social" benefits.

So, +1 for voting on release plans ;-)

-Bertrand