cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Questions on cleaning up trunk
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2006 06:16:38 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> Here some more files that need to be moved:
>
> # CREDITS.txt - Where do we need them? For the distribution?
>                 For now I'd put them into the trunk/commons directory
>                 Thinking more about this, I propose to configure
>                 the assembly plugin for commons so that we can
>                 build distribution packages from there.
> # DESKTOP.INI - remains where it is
> # INSTALL.txt - move to trunk/commons
> # KEYS        - move to trunk/commons
> # LICENSE.txt - move to trunk/commons
> # NOTICE.txt  - move to trunk/commons
> # README.blocksmode.txt - remove it (outdated)
> # README.m10n.txt - leave it where it is
> # README.osgi.txt - remove it (outdated)
> # README.txt - move to trunk/commons
> # TO-SYNC-FROM-BRANCH.txt - leave it
> # announcement.xml - move to trunk/commons

According to http://www.apache.org/dev/apply-license.html
the LICENSE.txt and NOTICE.txt must located at the top-level
of the "distribution". What does that mean in our new setup?

Any attributions required by third-party products are
supposed to be in NOTICE.txt but we have them at the
bottom of CREDITS.txt

-David