cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Quenot <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Deployment into a monolithic Cocoon web app
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 15:12:23 GMT
* Reinhard Poetz:

> Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> > > I want to add some thoughts to Daniel's idea of writing some
> > > Ant script for the build: trunk has been mavenized and split
> > > up into  many modules. The missing  thing is some  tool that
> > > will create a web application  out of a number of blocks. In
> > > a "world of real blocks" that's the job of the deployer that
> > > I wrote.
> >
> > I will extend the deployer over the weekend. It probably won't
> > do all the things that we need, but as the interest in getting
> > it done is high ATM, I hope that sombody else picks up my work
> > and continues next week.
>
> I worked on  the deployer for monolithic  Cocoon apps. I haven't
> finished it yet  but most of the work has  already been done. If
> somebody has some  time over the next few  days, don't hesistate
> to jump in. Here some pointers to get started:

Do you  mean deploying  Cocoon built with  Maven without  the real
blocks?  If this  is the case, how  to test it, is  there an « mvn
something » in some directory?

Or are you talking  about cocoon-deployer-webapp-sample?  This one
seems to be dealing with real blocks.

Thanks in advance for your answer,
--
Jean-Baptiste Quenot