cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Quenot <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] a simple release plan
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2006 14:15:25 GMT
* Reinhard Poetz:
> If somebody has the need of writing some deployment tool without having to understand
blocks-fw, he could write an
> Ant script or an M2 Mojo that get some kind of configuration which blocks should be installed:
>
> <configuration>
>   <blocks>
>     <block>org.apache.cocoon:forms-impl:1.0-SNAPSHOT</block>
>     <block>org.apache.cocoon:template-impl:1.0-SNAPSHOT</block>
>   </blocks>
> </configuration>
>
> Then the mojo deploys them to the right place and takes the component configuration out
of it and puts it into
> /WEB-INF/xconf.
>
> As M2 offers some Ant tasks to get access to M2 repos, this could be done with Ant too.

That's exactly what we need now.   A tool that installs all blocks
into the webapp.   I'm +1 for making a new  release if it includes
the Maven  build, we  just have  to write this  tool.  We  have to
focus  exactly on  this simple  task to  be able  to make  a clean
release.
--
Jean-Baptiste Quenot
http://caraldi.com/jbq/