cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Quenot <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Block deployment
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 16:13:19 GMT
* Daniel Fagerstrom:

> These artifact is  newer than the latest update  of the snapshot
> repository, you need to compile and install cocoon-blocks-fw and
> cocoon-sitemap in you local repository to get it to work.
>
> And  in general  you need  to get  all Cocoon  blocks from  your
> local repository  as the  one from  the snapshot  repository are
> obsolete. Do a
>
> $ mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true clean install from cocoon-trunk.

OK thanks.

Now the mvn clean cocoon:simple-deploy in
cocoon-block-deployer/cocoon-deployer-plugin-demo works.

I'm wondering why  installing library is so slow,  like one second
for each of these lines:

[INFO] Installing library WEB-INF/lib/commons-jci-r306555.jar

And BTW I read the tutorials about Cocoon block deployer, maybe it
would  be worth  adding a  TODO list  to be  sure what  feature is
available.  For example,  795.html states that one  of the Primary
features  is to  define which  blocks  are installed.   But is  it
really the case?

And  I have  a more  general question:  what concrete  usecase and
existing blocks have  motivated the design and  development of the
wiring feature?  Do  we have several blocks  implementing the same
interface?  I  could imagine that  if we  had an eXist  block, one
would choose between eXist and Xindice, both implementing the same
contract... could you please give an example?

Maybe you can point me to relevant cocoon-dev archives?

TIA,
--
Jean-Baptiste Quenot
http://caraldi.com/jbq/