cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [docs] sitemap component docs initial import done
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2006 14:03:02 GMT
On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 14:09 +0100, hepabolu wrote:
> Bruno Dumon said the following on 20-03-2006 11:58:
>
> > The intention is to tag the classes, and to write longer, user-oriented
> > documentation on it in Daisy. For this the legacy docs, javadoc, wiki
> > and mailing list archives can be used as inspiration.
> >
> > If you want to help out, but don't necessarily know much about all these
> > components, a first and very helpful step would be to add the javadoc
> > tags.
> >
> > If you look at e.g. I18nTransformer.java, you'll see the tags are at the
> > top, and the normal javadoc text at the bottom, which breaks the javadoc
> > generation:
> > http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/transformation/I18nTransformer.html
> > (it thinks the text is all part of the @c.s.c.logger annotation).
>
> So after this is done, each component ends up with:
> - a javadoc file
> - a summary (using this tool) in Daisy
> - a Daisy page with user oriented info
>
> Is this correct?

The last two items are in the same Daisy document, just different parts
in it. So they will be dispayed on the same page.

As for every Java class, there will of course be a javadoc-generated
page. However, since sitemap components are not used using their Java
API, and their target audience is not only Java developers, it is IMO
more meaningful and easier to maintain their docs in Daisy.

So with time we might remove the longer user-oriented descriptions from
the javadoc and only use Daisy for them, but let's first see how this
evolves before removing anything.