cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] OSGi based blocks
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 15:15:31 GMT
Le 15 mars 06 à 16:04, Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :

> ...I personally would love to have the new configuration features
> of 2.2 in
> 2.1.x,
> like the includes for xconf and properties. This alone is a big step
> forward. Unfortunately this is tight to many other changes like the
> Spring based container (which I also would like to have *today*).
>
> So perhaps your suggestion, starting anew with 2.1.x as trunk is a
> good
> way to move on...

How about backporting the Spring-based container and the new
configuration features to 2.1.x, and make that Cocoon 2.3, without
touching the current trunk?

The current 2.2 would then stay as is, people could work on it until
it stabilizes, and when it's time to release it we can always call it
3.0 or whatever to avoid confusion.

And that 2.3 release would be a big improvement already, especially
using Spring as its container.

-Bertrand