cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Fiol BonnĂ­n <antonio.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Resurrecting COCOON-1066
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 07:23:35 GMT
Hello,

COCOON-1066 [1] was closed as duplicate because half of the
description was somehow a duplicate of COCOON-1707 [2]. However, this
only applied to a part of the issue, and COCOON-1707 is still open.

The other part of the issue was ignored because noone else commented
on it. This part is the one I would like to resurrect.

>> dn-element:
Provide element containing the DN for each entry returned in 'execute-query'.
This is accomplished via 'dn-element' element that defaults to 'dn'. This
element is only valid in 'execute-query'.

In our application, we also need to know the DN for each entry
returned in 'execute-query'. I had neglected to search Jira for it,
and implemented a patch that creates a "dn" attribute on every entry
received. It is very similar to the relevant part of the patch sent by
the poster, only our patch

- does not allow you to deactivate the feature (dn attribute is always
on the output)
- does not allow you to configure the attribute name ("dn" is always used)
- it is an attribute and not an element

I would be more than happy to:

- create a new patch with the relevant parts of the original one
- see one patch or the other integrated into Cocoon 2.1.9 if possible

Thank you very much.

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1066?page=all
[2] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1707?page=all

--