cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <>
Subject Re: Using trunk
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2006 11:08:35 GMT

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006, David Crossley wrote:

> Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 21:15:37 +1100
> From: David Crossley <>
> Subject: Re: Using trunk
> Giacomo Pati wrote:
>> Hi David
> Gidday ol' mate. Thanks for helping.

No problem :-)

>> David Crossley wrote:
>>> Would someone please help to get started with Maven.
>>> Too many days have been wasted.
>>> I have today's Cocoon trunk. Installed Maven-2.0.2
>>> $ cd cocoon-trunk
>>> $ mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true clean install
>>> ... watch thousands of warnings and stuff go by.
>> I've very few WARNING messages (except those for old jar 'Not a v4.0.0
>> POM' ones, which come from 'legacy' Maven artifact.
> This was populating a brand new local repository.

I've moved away my ~/.m2 directory as well just to see whethter I have
the same problems as some of you guys had.

It took quite awhile (~30 min) but I was able to compile hole trunk in
one go. I have to admit that I'm using a Maven 2.1-SNAPSHOT build some
weeks ago by myself (don't know if that has anything to do with it).

I'm sitting here in the middle of Europe with quite a good Internet

>> The WARNIN message you've included above come IIRC from network problems
>> Maven encountered during download of artifacts. Just redo again until
>> Maven was able to resolve all dependency (and thus has donwloaded all
>> artifacts).
> Yeah i have been doing that. Gets to a different place
> each time. There are many warnings from various repos,
> but it usually gets each from one of the alternates.

Ok. Without having a ~/.m2 I got those lots of WARNING messages now
as well.

> Also tried switching back to the EU mirror in ./settings.xml

I do not even have a ~/.m2/settings.xml file. Most of the jars are
downloaded from, some from AFAICS.

> Currently failing at:
> Reason: Error getting POM for 'geronimo-spec:geronimo-spec-javamail' from the repository:
Error transferring file
>  geronimo-spec:geronimo-spec-javamail:pom:1.3.1-rc3
>> I can confirm, that my build runs almost all the time.
> Thanks, that helps :-)

Cool :-)

- --
Giacomo Pati