cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Logkit (I know, again) was [RT] Using Spring instead of ECM++
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 00:49:15 GMT

On 14.02.2006, at 00:50, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Giacomo Pati wrote:

>> While we are at discussing cleanups.
>>
>> What about also getting rid of logkit and use what we already have in
>> our dependency lists (log4J, commons-logging, ...)?
>>
> Yes, please :) I would suggest log4j as commons-logging has problems
> with classloading (afair) and noone is using jdk14 logging.

As a side note:

There is a new release of commons-logging coming out (rc is already
available) Simon and Robert claim that most of the classloading
problems have been solved. JCL has now extensive tests for classloading.

But as long as all libraries log into the same log file I don't care
anymore ...sorry, the logging discussion finally make me go "whatever!"

cheers
--
Torsten