cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ben Pope" <>
Subject Re: Using trunk
Date Sat, 25 Feb 2006 23:23:06 GMT
On 25/02/06, Carsten Ziegeler <> wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler schrieb:
> > Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> >> So the problems this far seem to be that default types not are handled
> >> in a back compatible ways for component includes and that components are
> >> not inherited properly to subsitemaps.
> >>
> >> Hopefully Carsten have an idea about what is going on.
> >>
> > I'll have a look at it; I guess the included configs contain own
> > definitions for sitemap components which simply overwrite the definition
> > of the core and thus they overwrite the default components as well.
> >
> I've just committed a fix which should solve this issue.

It seems to fix the first bit of it.

As before I've added the following to the pom:

There was no mention in Daniels original post of the requirement to copy:

After that, I could navigate to:
which redirects me to:

Where I see the forms and ajax samples pages.  Clicking on the forms link:
I get:
Type 'jx' does not exist for 'map:generate' at

So it appears as though components are still not inherited properly
into sub sitemaps.  (I have copied the cocoon-template stuff into the
WEB-INF/xconf and WEB-INF/sitemap-additions directories

Good work on the defaults though.

Also, is it necessary for me to include forms-impl, ajax-impl and
ajax-samples to the webapp pom?  I would expect that ajax-samples
relies on the former two, and that I would only require to add the
ajax-samples to the pom.  It seems that the pom files for each of
these blocks do not yet include their dependancies, or is that

Ben Pope