cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Williams <william...@gmail.com>
Subject questions on store usage
Date Sun, 12 Feb 2006 20:46:52 GMT
In forrest we've got an input module that currently has it's own
simple hashmap-caching.  The assumption is that the right thing to do
is move away from our homegrown-cache to use the cocoon store
(TRANSIENT_STORE).   In doing this, I've got some potentially dumb
questions.

Is the store somehow magically isolated or is it a global environment
thing?  In other words do I need to prefix my keys with the input
module name to attempt to attain uniqueness?

Do I need to do anything on dispose() to explicitly clean out my
stored items or assume it'll push them out if it needs to?

Also, if you can think of anything that uses the store in this way
that I could use as an example I'd appreciate it -- I've yet to find
anything.

Thanks,
--tim